Our volunteers play a vital role across many of our projects.
We currently have more than 40 volunteers from a range of different backgrounds, with different skills and experience. Some volunteer for several hours most weeks, while others may only help out once every couple
Most volunteering is during weekdays, but there are some opportunities to
help at weekends, or from home in the evenings. We are very flexible, and happy to discuss how and when you can volunteer.
To apply to volunteer with us, please complete the form below.
We are currently actively looking for:
- Telephone friendship volunteers
(**We are not currently recruiting volunteers for this role**)
Our telephone friendship service enables people over
50 in Haringey to stay connected. You could help us to
make regular contact with Haringey residents and build
- Reach and Connect volunteers
Assist us at stalls and events to help us enable local
people over 50 to age well, find the information they
need, and live more fulfilled lives.
Could you offer friendly chat and support to help a
lonely or isolated person in Haringey? Maybe you could
help them to find the information they need whilst
also developing your knowledge of local voluntary and
- People who can help teach basic IT skills.
- Communications volunteers with photography, video and/or social media skills.
How you can get involved
Help improve NHS, social care and other public services…
- Patient and service user representatives.
- Commissioning volunteers.
Help engage and empower communities…
- Face-to-face engagement at stalls and events.
- Helping people improve their IT skills at Coffee and Computers training sessions.
Help us find out more about local people’s views…
- Research and surveys.
- Community listeners/outreach.
Support the running of our projects…
- Minute taking and meeting support.
- Event support.
- Photography and video making.
- Publicity – leaflet and poster distribution.